So far 28/33=85% agree that DWFDW should not occur Fall 2010. 3/33=9% are on the fence about it or are on the fence. There’s been a lot of traffic to yesterday’s post about the district proposal for DWFDW. I know PhiloDave was going to post something tomorrow about what we’re going to do next, but I’m going to jump the gun slightly.
In terms of moving forward, Theresa Carlton, Math faculty, has drafted a letter for Chancellor Hyman and V.C Henderson. If we decide to express our concern in written form, this is definitely a good start. Here’s the link to the letter in Google docs (my new best friend). If you’d like to add to this letter, please reply to this post and I can give you access (I’d just need your e-mail address). I thought this would be better than giving access to anyone with the link in case we have other visitors to the site.
This letter came as a result of conversations that Theresa and I have had over the past day, though she’s the author and deserves the credit for it. Is there anything we should add (other than a conclusion)? Is the tone suitable? If we send it, when should we? Who should sign it? (Theresa? FC? CAST? HWC faculty?, etc.) Do we want faculty from across the district involved in expressing our concerns to district? Should we act or wait to see what happens since nothing is set in stone with respect to DWFDW?