Courtesy of Anthony Escuadro (HW Grievance Chair and Faculty Council Member):
Here’s the summary:
Last Thursday (8/18), Perry Buckley attended a special Union meeting to introduce himself to the members and the new faculty and address some important issues. Perry focused his hour-long presentation on:
– changes to the pension formula affecting future retirees
– state and municipal legislation that affects higher education and CCC
– “guarded” optimism regarding Reinvention and the college presidential selections
– advice regarding grievance and discipline matters, especially with regards to the CCC Office of the Inspector General
– contributing to the Union Committee on Political Education
– information on an upcoming survey of the union members.
The minutes of the meeting will be available on the Local 1600 Google group website. If you are a Local 1600 member and would like access to the password-protected site where the minutes will be hosted and can be discussed, please contact Jesu Estrada or Hector Reyes with your personal (non-ccc) email address to become a member of the Local 1600 Google group.