PhiloDave outdid himself yesterday. I’ve long believed that he conspires to bury my posts. Do a little mathematical analysis of your own. Anytime mathissexy posts, PhiloDave, within an hour, has already posted at least 2 posts thereby taking the post out of view. Yesterday, PhiloDave created one of the longest posts I’ve ever seen. I’m calling you out PhiloDave with this RebroadCAST! How many posts will you put on top of this one? 🙂 I can see that there’s already one scheduled. Bring on the posts. In all seriousness, I hope “peeps” look directly below this post because I think the Going Meta post is extremely important and worthwhile. Of course, I hope this post is read first.
Hello from CAST!!! Here’s what’s happening in the next few weeks. As always you can check out the CAST page above to find meeting minutes.
- This Friday CAST is co-sponsoring a Faculty Development Workshop on Active learning from 9-3 in room 1115. Several of our esteemed faculty will be doing presentations. This event is required for non-tenured faculty.
- Next Friday, 11/4, will be CAST’s first mini-TIE day. You may remember a few semesters ago Ephrem Rabin’s TIE (Technology in Education). This is a shorter version. The event will run from 10-12. Topics may include Google docs, Blackboard ins and outs, Prezi, Jing, etc. We’re still finalizing the list of topics and presenters (our faculty again). If you’re interested in presenting, let me know ASAP. There may still be a slot for you. The presentations will run from 10:15-11 and 11:15-12 rooms TBD.
- SAVE THE DATE!!! Tuesday 11/15 will be the 2nd Technology Tools of the Trade from 2:30-3:30 in room 102. Topics will include Google Docs and/or Prezi, a blackboard roundtable, Animoto, etc… If you’re interested in presenting, let me know ASAP. There may still be a slot for you. Presentations occur simultaneously in “speed dating” style (i.e. attendees choose the topic, go to that table and watch/listen/interact for 10ish minutes before moving to the next table. It’s fast-paced, fun and a great chance to learn about several different technologies in a short amount of time. Here’s last week’s more detailed summary if you’re interested.
- The pedagogy subgroup of CAST is kicking off the yet-to-be-named peer observations. 8 faculty signed up to participate in these non-evaluative observations over the next several weeks. I’ll let you know how it goes.
- The research subgroup is attempting to compile a list of the research faculty are engaged in. Look out for an e-mail from your Department Chairs soon. Department Chairs, look out for an e-mail from me.
That’s all for now. Thanks for reading! We’ve got a lot going on. I hope to see you all soon. The CAST meeting schedule is on our page above as is the calendar for room 1046, our faculty lounge.
Oh, one more thing… CAST is in the process of rewriting its charter. Once completed, we’ll be calling for nominations for new officers. Keep an eye out for that.
5 thoughts on “RebroadCAST”
Sorry about that, Mathissexy. I’ll take it easy on this one.
Hell, I’ll even stick it to the top for the day if you want!
No worries. It’s just a funny coincidence…or is it?
Funny, yes…coincidence? Hmm. Fate?
These are difficult questions…
You unstuck it?
Yeah. It had its day in the sun.