DWFDW2: What’s the good word?

Lookin’ at my summer calendar, I see that we are weeks, if not days away from DWFDW2. This here post will be a once-a-week feature between now and then in order to have an open line of communication. If you have questions or updates, please post here.

Well peeps, it appears that plans are shapin’ up for DWFDW2.  A big thank you to John Metoyer for his email (me sensed a bit of a humorous tone comin’ from the VP).
Here’s what’s shakin’ down so far (I’ve edited some of the info):

For the remainder of Faculty Development Week, faculty will report to HW. A detailed agenda will be sent out this week. The meeting times for the district as well as for HW are listed below. 
Monday, August 8 (Malcolm X College)
Registration/Coffee and Roll – 8:30 am; Program – 9 am – 3:30 pm; Lunch provided.

Tuesday, August 9 (Malcolm X College)
Registration – 8 am; Program – 9 am – 3:30 pm; Lunch provided.
What we will be doin’ at MX you ax?
Gallery Walk – Information and recommendations of the Spring 2011 Reinvention initiative
Panel Discussion – A panel of speakers will address the state perspective on education, including performance metrics and employment for CCC students
Real Time Feedback – Opportunity for feedback from faculty
Wednesday, August 10 (Harold Washington College)
Registration – 8:30 am; Program – 9 am – 3:30 pm;

Thursday, August 11 (Harold Washington College)
Program – 9 am – 3:30 pm

Friday, August 12 (Harold Washington College)
Program – 9 am – 3:30 pm
As John stated, more details to follow. Our CASTman is busy gettin’ things together. I believes our Don will be holdin’ a meeting with us faculty peeps on Friday.
Have any of y’all heard anythin’ else? Are ya gettin’ excited as we approach the start of the Fall semester? Did ya start buyin’ your school supplies. Do you get all giddy sharpening pencils and puttin’ those blank sheets of paper in your notebook?

DWFDW2: What’s the good word?

Lookin’ at my summer calendar, I see that we are weeks, if not days away from DWFDW2. This here post will be a once-a-week feature between now and then in order to have an open line of communication. If you have questions or updates, please post here.

Any news? Good? Bad? Ugly? Whadawegot? Where do we stand?

As I stated in writingisthinking’s post, I am troubled by the fact that there’s going to be a second round of task force recommendation presentations. If I’m wrong (and I do hope that I am), please, please, please, correct me or provide some clarification. Make me say mea culpa.

How many times do we have to hear about recommendations before they’re actually put to action? What up?

DWFDW2: What’s the good word?

[I had prepared this post prior to yesterday’s post by writingisthinking (you’re a mind reader, ya know that?), so forgive the redundancy pertaining to Faculty Development Week. IMHO, it is an important issue.]

Lookin’ at my summer calendar, I see that we are weeks, if not days away from DWFDW2. This here post will be a once-a-week feature between now and then in order to have an open line of communication. If you have questions or updates, please post here.

Ok, ok, me first. I have a question: What’s the status of DWFDW2 since we last brought it up on The Lounge. Did faculty meet with administrators? If so, what can any peep or adminstrator share? (Yes, admins are allowed to post. I’m tryin’ to show District how things are done with my words and actions.)

Your Faculty Council at Work: FC4 and Academic Affairs Meeting notes

Notes from Executive Committee/Academic Affairs meeting – July 6, 2011, 4-6pm

 

Guests: Diane Minor, Associate Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services, John Sugrue, Director of Facilities Management, and Sheila Johnson, Director of Procurement Services

 

Diane Minor discussed the basics of her area.

There are four functions of her office

Capital Planning and Development

Facilities Management and Administration

Procurement – Minority and Women’s Business Development

Off Shoot facilities (Auxiliary Services)

Each college has a facilities manager

They just completed a five-year capital assessment to determine needed upgrades or additions.

This capital assessment was developed through meetings with the president, vice-president, and chief engineers at each college.

The capital plan will be posted online this week for each school

There are currently more projects than funds

The plan does not identify funded vs. unfunded projects; however, the plan is prioritized in terms of safety and security (fire alarms/hazmat, etc), the building envelope, technology with academics, and Security (security desks and parking lots, etc)

Supervision of engineers and janitors will transition from chief engineer to the facilities manager

Her office will be looking at sustainability and compliance with ADA requirements.

Auxiliary services will already work on reducing paper: what can be scanned, stored, thrown away

They will also look at beefing up the reprographics centers at all colleges so that they can be more efficiently utilized by faculty, staff, and students.

Questions

What are we doing to support current services at the various colleges? Reprographics machines are constantly breaking down, etc.

We are currently out for bid for new reprographics machines.  We’ve received five responses and a team is reviewing the bids.

Are we considering increasing bandwidth in addition to the technology?

It is on the capital projects list. We need to increase bandwidth, upgrade wiring, and upgrade desktop units throughout District.

When the five year capital assessment plan was developed, did you meet with faculty?

We did not meet with faculty directly; we got directly with academic affairs who we assumed were working with faculty.

We would like a more direct inclusion of faculty on the capital assessment; we have a facilities committee, and they should be included in this plan.

That’s a great idea.  There was a general discussion of ideas around modes of formal inclusion of faculty

One of the challenges is that as we move toward greater centralization, the processes by which we include faculty also are changing.  When the schools were mostly autonomous, this was less of an issue.  With increased centralization the plan is to meet with each college every other month to get a sense of what’s needed in terms of upgrades and procurements.

We would encourage a much more holistic approach as opposed to a segmented approach in procurements. Having greater inclusion of faculty – a committee process – would make it easier to develop a holistic approach to facilities management.

There was a request for more scanners.

Can you print or make available a succinct list of current approved vendors and services for faculty?

yes.

A list of approved vendors is already on the intranet – in the procurements area. There’s also a list of current approved MWBd on the city’s website.

We are piloting a shuttle bus service in Fall 2011.

This service is primarily for students who are taking classes at more than one of the sister colleges.

However, it will also replace the need for excessive use of courier services.

There was some discussion of whether students are taking classes at multiple colleges because of cancelled classes. Local administration determines which classes run and which don’t.

We may be moving toward tobacco-free campuses; this is still in discussion.

Sheila Johnson welcomed contact if there’s a need for materials for say lab experiments or other predictable needs for teaching and learning.

Faculty Development week

There will be an opportunity to meet with disciplines. After the breakout sessions are in place, they will be looking for faculty in the various disciplines to set the agenda for the discipline meetings.

FC4 had an opportunity to participate in the selection of the break out sessions.

Search for Provost

There was great concern because there was no faculty and no academic affairs input; no one seemed to know anything.

The announcement will be made on July 14th at the board meeting.

Course/Catalog Issues

Political Science 201 and Sociology 202:  The prerequisites for these classes are being reviewed as part of a thorough Prerequisite audit in the catalogs and in Peoplesoft.

Catalog errors are being corrected automatically.

Other revisions will need to go through the PAC process (FC4)

There was assurance that the current options for development education students would not decrease.

We discussed Quick Enroll and there was a question of why most people can no longer use it.

There was some assurance that someone would look into why we can no longer use Quick Enroll

Some wanted to use Quick Enroll to offer more efficient chair approvals.

Review of Math 120, 165, 214, 216, and 225

The recommendation is to remove 120 (Modern Math), 165 (Computer Math), and 225 (Honors Math Survey 1)

There was no comment on 214 (Advanced Calculus for Business)

They were holding 216 (Statistics for Business Students) for further review

Textbook Issues

As usual, there is strong interest in reducing textbook costs for our students.

We were presented with some means by which other colleges and universities have reduced textbook costs, including the following:

Open Course Library Project for Washington State (http://opencourselibrary.wikispaces.com); Chronicle of Higher Ed End of the Textbook as We Know it (course fee model) (http://chronicle.com/article/The-End-of-the-Textbook-as-We/125044); Chronicle of Higher Ed- Mandatory <$30 text book prices in community college courses (http://chronicle.com/article/State-of-Washington-to-Offer/125887); MIT – Free online Course material (notes, homework, etc) (http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm); Carnegie Mellon Open Learning (http://oli.web.cmu.edu/openlearning/)

There was mention of student organizations, such as PTK, that are already working on this issues and a suggestion that faculty leadership collaborate with student leadership on this issue.

There was also a question of getting JSTOR as part of our library resources; a request has been made to have JSTOR.

Foreign Language requirement

The requirement has been reviewed by Foreign Language faculty from all colleges.

Some recommendations have been made to address how this requirement works for heritage and native speakers

When will these recommendations be posted or shared?

Reactivating FC4 District-level Committees

These will be formally reactivated on August 19th at our next meeting/FC retreat.

The committees are as follows:

Committee A

Committee on Academic Standards, Admissions, Curriculum and Educational Policies.

Committee DL

Committee for working with the Center for Distance Learning and related issues (activated as required for conducting FCCCC business).

Committee F

Committee on Fiscal and Physical Facilities (activated as required for conducting FCCCC business).

Committee M

Committee on Major Administrative Appointments Procedures and Evaluation (activated as required for conducting FCCCC business).

Committee R

Committee on Rank Criteria and Promotion Procedures (activated as required for conducting FCCCC business).

Committee T

Committee on the use of Technology in Education (activated as required for conducting FCCCC business).

Potential guest speakers are Craig Lynch and Valerie Davis.


 

What’s the mission behind the call for submissions?

Here’s the specialannounce email we recently received (I made some modifications to the format) followed by my comments:

June 27, 2011 
Dear Colleagues:
We are busy preparing for the annual Faculty Development Week.  This year we’ll be hosting a 2-day event, scheduled for August 8th and 9th at Malcolm X College (1900 W. VanBuren).  Attendance is mandatory for all full time faculty members. So put those dates on your calendar.

Faculty Development Week will feature several interesting and enlightening concurrent breakout sessions. This is where we need your help.
Call for Submissions:
Academic Affairs is calling for submissions for general sessions during faculty development week.  All faculty and staff are encouraged to submit a session by filling out the following form: http://www.tfaforms.com/206667
Submissions will be reviewed, accepted, and scheduled by a committee of faculty and administrators in early July.
Deadline for session descriptions: 5:00 PM, Sunday, July 3rd.
Several interesting submissions have come in already, and we are excited about having a broad palette for offering professional development.  Sessions may include information on pedagogy, technology, tenure projects, lab activities, and safety, to name just a few. As always, we look forward to the start of another academic year together.  If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.
Mike Davis
Associate Vice Chancellor for STEM

My comments:
It may sound like I’m splittin’ hairs, but I’ve got to say what I’ve got to say.
Who’s deciding on the topics? I ask ’cause, to be honest, I didn’t hear good things ’bout last year’s sessions and I’d like to know the rationale for pickin’ this year’s selections. No offense, but planning could have been better last year and I’d like for us to learn from our mistakes, rather than repeat’ ’em. IMHO, looks like we might be headin’ towads the latter than the former. Bein’ honest, while I drink out of my half-full cup.
I know seminars I’ve attended in the past plan their sessions without my input, but this is different. We are being asked to help. Says so in the email. I just think the askin’ should have come sooner. This is suppose to be OUR development week (well, two days). It’s either going to be a spectacular two days at MX, or we’re going to have faculty running for the (out)doors. Again. (Peeps gave a new meaning to the word breakout. HA!)

Speakin’ of peeps, what do ya’ll think? What are you interested in learning during these first two days of FDW? What kind of sessions do you look forward to attending? What’s going to keep you inside the building rather than outside? What would you consider to be a waste of your time? What would be worth your time? What say you?
Give Mike (a former peep) some input.

Your Faculty Council at work – notes from Executive Committee meeting 6 8 11

On June 8th, the Executive Committee of District Faculty Council and several of the local faculty council presidents met with Academic Affairs representatives led by Acting Provost Mike Davis.  Below are the notes from that meeting, incorporating revisions from Mike Davis, Polly Hoover, and Daniel Borzutsky.  Hope you’re enjoying your summer!

FC4/Academic Affairs Executive Committee Meeting
(Minutes)
Acting Provost Mike Davis
June 8th, 4 – 6pm
Room 641

Budget with Ken Gotsch, Vice Chancellor of Finance and Alvin Bisarya VC Office of Strategy       

Ken reviewed State budget issues and why we – like most community colleges- needed to raise tuition

Ken discussed legislative activity in the Illinois General Assembly

There was some discussion of talk on the State level about improved performance funding.  They were looking at an Ohio model and an Oregon model.

Ken discussed relation among the Strategic Plan, Annual Plan, and Budget

The budget (discussing mostly the Operational budget) will be published ( 5 copies in board offices and one posted to the District’s website) sometime next week (by June 17th ideally).

Thereafter, there will be public budget hearings (July 7-9) at Daley, Malcolm X, and Wright

From the time of posting (June 17th) to July 14th (date of Board approval and last public hearing), District will receive feedback regarding the proposed budget and make revisions as needed

If faculty members cannot attend the public budget hearings, they can make comments by emailing Dolores Javier (djavier@ccc.edu)

There was some discussion of budget alignment to performance and health goals; performance goals were primarily the reinvention goals related to instructional and student outcomes.  Health goals are as follows :

  • Excellence in teaching and learning
  • Much greater degree of customer focus.
  • Excellent financial management at every level of the organization.
  • Operational discipline with focus on clear and high behavioral and performance standards.
  • Create excellent strategic clarity and alignment.
  • Targeted innovation.
  • Ensure a safe learning environment.

Joy Walker (Truman) asked whether they had been thinking of ways to prevent bottleneck in processes like procurement, etc.

Both Ken Gotsch and Alvin Bisarya shared some ways in which they and others had been thinking about that very issue.

There was also some discussion of changing practices and policies involving petty cash, agency accounts, conference reimbursement and the like which have negatively impacted faculty. We were assured us that these issues will be reviewed and hopefully resolved.

Ken Gotsch also stated that faculty members who are having trouble receiving reimbursements for expenditures can contact Dolores Javier to help expedite the process.

Ken Gotsch also stated that the petty cash accounts are being explored.

FC4 issues (Erosion of shared governance & Nursing issues)

Executive Director of Nursing, Dr. Debra Gurney, was present to answer our questions about the nursing programs.

She is more than willing to talk with faculty and has assured us that we can call her with questions at any time.

She has worked with an admissions committee, which included 1-2 nursing faculty from each college with a nursing program, and hopes to continue to work in a spirit of consensus and inclusion with all stakeholders.

She is also working with an all-District assessment committee which will be looking at the nursing curriculum, testing, best practices in accord with the NALNC (League of Nursing) and the State Board. Representatives of both groups (NALNC and the State Board) are supportive of these activities so long as we continue to abide by the Nurse Practice Act.

There was a bit of confusion about discussions to have one nursing program (one curriculum) at different colleges.  Dr. Gurney suggested that there was one curriculum across district, but upon discussion, it wasn’t clear if this was actually true or in discussion as a possible initiative to be implemented.  It also wasn’t clear whether or not nursing faculty were behind such an initiative.  It would follow Miami-Dade’s healthcare program. Dr. Gurney was asked whether or not faculty members have been involved in the discussions regarding the move to one nursing program across the district.  She stated that faculty members had not been involved in these discussions.  We requested that Nursing Faculty be brought into these discussions. Academic Affairs will make a request for faculty inclusion in this discussion.

Maria Jaskot-Inclan stated clearly the desire that Dr. Gurney bring all curricular issues to the appropriate local faculty council bodies and to Committee A/District Faculty Council per our current processes.

Discussion of specific issues that happened prior to Dr. Gurney’s tenure with CCC led to more general discussion of the following shared governance issues:

Need for improved Blackboard training for the new Blackboard particularly with the running total feature in grades and grading in general.

Concerns about new scrutiny of grades which seems to violate each faculty’s right to assign grades for their classes as s/he sees fit (academic freedom)

Need for union and fc representatives with individual faculty when facing administrative/district scrutiny to ensure that neither contractual nor academic freedoms are being violated

Call for development of a clear process of shared governance and communication to be articulated and practiced as soon as feasible.  There was general agreement about this with the understanding that developing a clear process would take some time.

Faculty Development Week (Session solicitation and selection)

Mike Davis offered tentative dates (August 8th and 9th at Malcolm X College).  On Day 1, there would be presentations from our Chancellor, Board Chair, and someone who would provide a State perspective.  Followed by a breakout session. On Day 2, there would be discipline meetings. Then, there would be two sets of concurrent sessions developed and presented by faculty whose proposed presentations were selected. An RFP will be sent soon (this week or next) and the proposals will be reviewed by college vps, academic affairs, and 1 or 2 members of FC4.

Polly Hoover volunteered to serve as one of the faculty members reviewing the proposals.

Rosie Banks requested that the agenda for the discipline meetings be set by faculty and that the meetings be run by faculty.  There was some discussion about whether the department chairs for the respective disciplines would set the agenda and run the meetings or whether there might be some part of the discipline meetings devoted to sharing assessment data.

Joy Walker asked why we would have college breakouts when we have three days of faculty development to communicate as a college.  She suggested that that time be spent allowing individuals from different colleges to interact. Mike Davis said he would look into that aspect of the schedule.

Future meetings planning  (Meeting dates and times)

Our next executive committee meeting will be July 6, 2011 from 3-5pm. We would like to invite someone from procurement to come and speak. We would also like to set aside some time to beginning the discussion about shared governance.

I’m not sure that this is finalized, but it was mentioned that we had agreed upon Friday, August 19th as the Faculty Council Retreat.

Tuesday (Non)Teaching Question

Tuesday (Non)Teaching Question is an irregular feature that attempts to get a conversation going about (non)teaching.  Typically, the questions attempt to be very impractical and begin with an excessively short preamble.  T(n)TQ is brought to you by CAST.  If you have a question that you’re dying to have featured in an upcoming T(n)TQ, don’t e-mail me at hwc_cast@ccc.edu since this is a one shot deal.

So we survived the semester and final grades are (almost) in…

Those of you teaching summer have a few weeks off; the rest of us have a significantly longer amount of time.

What are you planning to read/watch/see during your time off?

It would be kind of fun if we had a faculty book club of sort (similar to the once existent Pedagogy reading group).  Maybe from these responses we could find a book we could all read and discuss in the fall.

Faculty Development Week 2011

Have you checked your e-mail in the past minute and a half?  If not, you missed this from hwc_CAST.

Hello all.  I have some very important news.

There is a very good chance that we will have 3 days of local Faculty Development here at HWC this summer and 2 days district-wide .  I received this information from a high authority, but I must warn you that it is not 100% set in stone.  Nonetheless, we need to be prepared.  CAST is charged with planning this event and did so up until last year’s little surprise.

Please follow the link below to fill out the brief survey about the programming for FDW.  Assuming that this does occur, we’ll need to move fast.  My goal is to have things in place, at least tentatively, before the end of the semester.  Yes, this is extremely ambitious, but I am confident that we can make it happen.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDdWclowWEwyMzJreW1OVVF2aS1NTUE6MQ

Thanks again.

Chris Sabino
CAST coordinator

Poll and Survey Reminders

UPDATE: Ummm….sorry. I misread what Chris wanted in the post from CAST. We’re supposed to LOOK at the survey and give him comments. Not take it. A revised version will be posted/distributed in the next day or two. You should complete THAT one. Sorry. Reading is FUN-damental!!

Just in case you haven’t had the chance yet, please be sure to visit the post from CAST and complete review and make any comments/revisions on the survey on the District Wide Faculty Development Week. The survey takes anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to fill out, but will be really valuable for planning next year’s events.

Also, there’s a poll on last Saturday’s “Think, Know, Prove” post about the Lounge that will affect how we organize posts related to the Reinvention process. Check it out here, and please vote your conscience. It takes about 4 seconds.

Thanks in advance for your participation.

Last Week’s CAST meeting and DWFDW revisited

Hi all,

First of all, I finally got around to posting the CAST meeting minutes from last semester.  A draft of yesterday’s (9/9) minutes will be up in the next week or so.  In the meantime, let me tell you what went on at yesterday’s meeting.  We need your help.

We had our meeting in 1046, the new CAST room and, in a sense, faculty lounge.  In fact, the room is already getting use from several committees.  Other than some unassembled round tables, the room is looking good.  Speaking of the tables, don’t be alarmed if you see some of us (Ivan has already volunteered to help.) with power drills putting them together if the powers- that-be don’t make it happen.

Anyhow, we talked a bit about DWFDW yesterday since CAST is charged with providing professional development opportunities (see this).  Here’s what we’re thinking.

1) Immediately following the State of the College this coming Friday, Sept. 17, we’d like to have an informal “mingling” session in 1046 and likely across the hall in 1001-02 assuming they’re available and we need them.  Carrie and Jen promised cookies.  There’ll also be coffee assuming we can wrangle enough coffee makers.  I’m sure we could get some tea too assuming we can reserve one of them for boiling water.  If anyone want to bring something, let me know (hwc_cast@ccc.edu).  We could make it potluck.  This is just me thinking out loud.

2) There have been several posts about DWFDW.  Just look back to mid August and earlier.  PhiloDave posted a poll after DWFDW.  He only received 21 responses.  I’ve created a survey.  This could be the survey that district promised.  We need your feedback in order to be involved in the planning of next year’s DWFDW.  I’d like you to look at this survey that I whipped up and let me know what can be changed.  I’m hoping to send it out to all faculty on Wednesday and follow-up on Friday after the State of the College.  In fact, we’ll have computers set up in 1046 for anyone who didn’t receive the e-mail.  We’re looking for as much feedback as possible so that our opinions are taken seriously.  Here’s the link.  Let me know if you have any trouble accessing this.  Also, when you go through the survey, you don’t need to fully answer the questions.  I’ll clear the results before the official survey is sent out.  You’ll need to put something down for each required question in order to get to the 2nd and 3rd page though.

Thanks in advance for your help on this and in case you missed it, here’s the link to the survey again.

New Contest

So the contests have pretty much been a bust so far. The March Madness bracket only drew four players and was won by me because I had one final four team and the other three players had none. Lame. The World Cup bracket was no better–four players and Dave won; again because no one else had any teams in the finals. Lame.

Our “When Will Registration Close for New Students Prediction Contest drew more than four players (hooray), but we all lost since, to my knowledge, the college was still registering students through Friday (leading me to wonder how we could have crazy high enrollment AND a rash of canceled classes, but I digress). Still we had nine guesses:

Carrie, Tues@3:02; Usually Confused, T@ 4:03; ITejeda, Wed @ 11; Philodave, Wed @3:42; TyrannosaurusX, Wed @4; Kamran, Th@11; HelloKitty, Fri @10:42; Mathissexy, Fri @1;  Realist, DNG. So I don’t really know who won. I guess maybe Mathissexy? I’ll leave this one to the Peanut Gallery.

Today’s contest is GUESS WHEN THE DWFDW SURVEY WILL BE SENT OUT TO FACULTY. It was just two weeks ago yesterday that our Provost announced that faculty would “soon receive a survey” about their experiences at DWFDW. Still waiting. Patiently. When do you think it will come? Make your prediction here…

Bonus Critical Thinking Question: What can we justifiably infer about the feedback they got on the evaluation forms if we don’t receive a survey?

DWFDW Poll and DeBrief/Suggestion List

Sorry about the delay, everyone. This was supposed to be a Think, Know, Prove post for Saturday, but I went straight to the woods on Friday afternoon, and never had a chance to get it up. Plus, I think I needed the weekend to get some perspective on the week’s events. There were a number of observations made this week in the comments and the posts, but not too much in the way of suggestions. Now, if I start talking about those evaluation forms we were given, I think it might go a little like this:

So, instead, I thought maybe we (HWFC) could just run a little informal poll here and ask for a list of suggestions that we can pass along. The poll and suggestion list will be up all week, but will close on Friday at 5pm.

Suggestion #1: More coffee; less fried chicken in boxes.

“make lemons out of [DWFDW] lemonade”

Yes, to borrow the innocent, yet powerful, quote from PhiloDave’s daughter, I’d like to create this open post and keep it running all week in some way or another to focus on POSITIVE outcomes from Faculty Development Week. (OK, you can list concerns too.)

With Day 1 Day 2 underway, what will you or what have you done with your lemons?

Thanks for the input everyone! Here we go with Day 3 4 the last day of events! It will be short. Possibly sweet?
Last chance to leave a comment before the post leaves the main page. (Thanks for keeping it at the top Dave!)

Small hint to the timid and shy: You don’t need to leave an email in order to comment. Just a name. Silly, outrageous, and creative appears to be the fad.

Next Up!

Next up! is a regular feature on Sundays, showcasing HWC (and beyond) events in the coming week. Use the “Comments” section to provide updates and additions!

DWFDW!

Monday, August 9
Report to Harold Washington College at 9:30 am.
~9:30-9:45- Sign-in
~9:45-10:15- President’s Welcome/College Updates/Collective Mourning
~10:15-10:30- HWC Legal Clinic Information Session- Carolyn Shoenberger, Business Department
~10:30-10:45- HWC Wellness Center Information session- Michael Russell, Wellness Center
~10:45- NOON- Working Sessions: Starfish Training with Ephrem Rabin, Registration Refresher Courses with Ellen Goldberg, Semester Prep Time

Tuesday through Friday, @ Malcolm X (here’s the link to the schedule or print out your own program!).