Never too early to plan ahead for some of you (non-Gemini) people, so here is an early heads-up on two items that will be due in February for anyone interested:
1) Sabbatical Leave Requests: Per John Hader, “In order to place sabbatical leave requests before the Board of Trustees at the May 2011 board meeting, please submit your completed application packages (or notification that your college will not be submitting requests for this term) to Dr. Cecilia Lopez, Associate Vice Chancellor, by Friday, February 25, 2011.” Go here to see what is involved in the process; see your contract for information about your eligibility. Finally, if anyone out there has taken a sabbatical in the last three years and has any advice (or could at least provide a description of your own sabbatical that would be helpful to the rest of us who might be wondering if our own ideas for a Sabbatical Leave would fly), please share it in the comments.
2. Rank Promotion: Information about Rank Promotion will be forthcoming any day now, but even without the final deadlines, it should be on your radar if you are eligible. The President’s Approvals are usually due around the end of February, which means that the applications and associated materials are usually due to Departmental Committees in early-ish February (from there to the College Wide Committee in mid-February and to the Administration after that). Last year’s applicants were asked to provide the following along with the official Rank Promotion form:
* Please limit the supporting narrative (Section III) to no more than five pages.
* Attach a photocopy of the most up-to-date CV
* Attach a photocopy of official transcripts for any course work completed since the last promotion.
Watch your email for more information in the next week or two at the latest. In the meantime, if you intend to apply, be sure you have (or have ordered) your transcripts, make sure your CV is up to date, and consider starting work on your narrative.