1. Can you guess my favorite thing about the subject of THIS article (Dr. Donald Redelmeier)?
2. It’s true that I love behavioral economics.
3. Also true that I am a big fan of the work of his mentor, Dr. Tversky (as exposed to it through Barry Schwartz’s The Paradox of Choice and Cass Sunstein and Gary Thaler’s Nudge).
4. It is also true that if you (or anyone, including my mother) calls me while they are driving, I will hang up on them without warning.
5. The subject of this article is the guy who wrote the research paper saying that driving while talking on a cell phone is as dangerous as driving while intoxicated.
6. No, that is not my favorite thing about him.
7. My favorite thing, if you haven’t guess already, is that he numbers his propositions when he sends emails.
8. I love that.
9. Don’t know why.